An update… finally!

Okay so I’ve been really busy lately.. First with my new google nexus one (which I’m loving), secondly with adding features and refining the development pipeline of project warpy and lastly finishing up some stuff for work (today was a major milestone/deadline). I find it extremely important to establish a good production pipeline for any game project in general as this makes sure content is continuously added to the game. Of course for this to work, all bottle necks that prevent the flow of content from creator (artist/programmer/designer/sound engineer) into the game must be settled with utmost priority!

Anyway.. I’m also currently working on porting pcsx (psx emulator) to the android platform. I’ve never actually ported anything before so this is more of a hobby for me than anything else. After checking out the (really advanced) source code for the emulator, I can only say that the developers planned cross platform elements very well and I am generally impressed by it! I’ve also realised that debugging when writing native code for the android platform is seriously a pain in the ass. XD

Anyway, I will be updating this blog more frequently from now onwards! Thanks for all the comments in the character physics article (apparently it’s getting lots of hits from google. o_O).

Happy coding! :)

3 Responses to “An update… finally!”


  • Hey man. I just wanted to be the first to cheer you on in your attempt to port a PS1 emulator to android.

    I will definitely donate if you finish.

  • Yup, I’ve managed to get all the base files to compile (with a couple of hacks). I’ll just have to write a couple of system headers and functions for android and the base system will be good to go! :D Plugins may be a bit of a problem as not all plugins are open sourced..

  • Thanks for linking my blog. As mentioned in my post this is a hobby(not to mention a great learning experience).. and compiling base files are just the first step in porting anything. I still have to write compatibility layers between android and pcsx (not entirely easy as I have to work within the constraints of android’s NDK). In terms of release what I’ve done so far would probably only add up to 5% of the total work, so don’t expect anything soon!

    P.S. I notice people may be visiting more often now and if anyone is interested in helping with porting PCSX, I’d be more than happy to start a project on google code/codeplex!

Leave a Reply